Lap Lane and Pool Availability
There is always at least two lap lanes and a public play area available. Other avalibility time vary depending on what programs are on.
Generally lessons run between 09:00 am to 12:00 pm every day and 03:30 pm to 07:30 pm weeknights. Pool areas are closed if there is a lesson going on.
Lessons may use the Teaching Pool, Rock Pool and up to 3 lanes in the 50 meter pool (which areas used depends on days and times).
We also run school swimming lessons during the day. These lessons may up to 4 lanes in the 50 meter pool and the teaching pool. These days/times vary depending on bookings.
Aqua Aerobics may use up to 3 lanes during class times. Check the Aqua Aerobics page for class times.
If you have any questions about pool availability please contact our staff on 03 9725 9411.
Lap Lane Etiquette
- Pick the most suitable lane to swim in
- Slow Lane - 90 seconds+ per lap
- Medium Lane - 60 to 90 seconds per lap
- Fast Lane - less then 60 seconds per lap
- Swim to the left of the lane at all times
- When at the end of the lane, ensure you keep to the side to allow swimmers room to turn - do not block the wall
- Only overtake mid lane if safe to do so (no swimmers coming in opposite direction)
- Do not stop swimming mid lane (unless physically required to do so)
- Physical intimidation of other swimmers (deliberate grabbing or pushing) will not be tolerated
- If you would not like it to happen in your lane when swimming, then don't do it